• EnviroHome

Is it OK to Live in a House with Radon?

Updated: Apr 20

Though naturally occurring, radon, a known human carcinogen, has been labeled a serious health problem by a number of U.S. health organizations. Exposure to radon's decay products is the second leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking.


Living in a house with elevated indoor radon levels for an extended period of time is not advised for a number of reasons. First and foremost, radon is a known carcinogen and a leading cause of lung cancer, second only to cigarette smoking. Secondly, radon level reduction is an easy and proven process that is inexpensive to correct so there is no reason to live in a home with an elevated indoor radon level. Third, mitigation of a radon problem has added benefits in the form of improved indoor air quality and enhanced property value.


What are the Health Risks from Radon Exposure?


The decision to mitigate radon in your home or property depends on a number of factors. Questions to ask when making this decision include:


Do you or someone else living or working in the property have health concerns that could be exacerbated from exposure to radon?


After undergoing radon testing done by you or a radon certified professional, were the levels higher than the EPA recommended activity level of 4.0 pCi/L?


Are you buying or selling the property?


Have you received a radon disclosure indicating the level of radon present in the property is above the EPA recommended activity level of 4.0 pCi/L?


Depending on your answers to these and other questions, you should consider radon mitigation for your property. EnviroHome combines multiple common mitigation methods that focus simultaneously on effective reduction of radon levels, efficiency, and economic solutions for your or your company.



Questions about radon in your home or property?

Call or email us now

888-810-2228

or

info@envirohome.com


5 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All